My name is Philippe St-Jean and I am an experimental physicist, currently working as a postdoc in the polariton group at C2N. My main research interests are related to the interaction between light and matter, either in the quantum regime or in systems presenting exotic symmetries. In 2016, I completed a PhD in the group of Prof. Sébastien Francoeur at Polytechnique Montréal, during which I was interested in the physics of atomic defects in semiconductor materials. My main objective was to demonstrate their potential for building light-matter interfaces for quantum information. The same year, I joined the group of Prof. Jacqueline Bloch as a NSERC postdoctoral fellow (and as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellow since 2018). There, I extended my research interests toward polaritons (i.e. light-matter quasiparticle) confined in photonic crystals exhibiting non-trivial topological properties, thus contributing to the emerging field of topologcial photonics.
- 2018- : Marie Sklodowska-Curie postdoctoral fellow – C2N / CNRS – Université Paris-Sud (group of Prof. J. Bloch).
- 2016-2018 : NSERC postdoctoral fellow – C2N / CNRS – Université Paris-Sud (group of Profs. J. Bloch and A. Amo).
- 2011-2016 : PhD in Engineering Physics – Polytechnique Montréal (group of Prof. S. Francoeur).
- 2009-2010 : MSc in Engineering Physics – Polytechnique Montréal (groups of Profs. S. Francoeur and D. Ménard).
- 2006-2009 : BSc in physics – Université de Montréal.
- 2008 : Summer internship – Univesité de Montréal (groups of Profs. C. Silva and L. A. Hamel).
- 2007 : Summer internship – Univesité de Montréal (group of Prof. S. Roorda).
Click here for a detailed resume.
- Energy reversal of light- and heavy-hole excitons bound to isoelectronic centers,
Éthier-Majcher, P. St-Jean and S. Francoeur. (accepted in Phys. Rev. B)
- Optically controlling the emission chirality of microlasers,
Carlon Zambon*, P. St-Jean*, M. Milicevic, A. Lemaître, A. Harouri, L. LeGratiet, O. Bleu, D.D. Solnyshkov, G. Malpuech, I. Sagnes, S. Ravets, A. Amo, J. Bloch. arXiv:1806.04590 (2018) (under review)
- Lasing in topological edge states of a 1D lattice,
St-Jean, V. Goblot, E. Galopin, A. Lemaître, T. Ozawa, L. LeGratiet, I. Sagnes, J. Bloch, A. Amo. Nat. Photon. 11, 651 (2017)
- High-fidelity and ultrafast initialization of a hole-spin qubit bound to a Te isoelectronic center in ZnSe,
St-Jean, G. Éthier-Majcher, S. Francoeur. Phys. Rev. Lett. 117, 167401 (2016)
See Highlights in Phys.org.
- Light- and heavy-hole trions bound to isoelectronic centers,
Éthier-Majcher, P. St-Jean, S. Francoeur. Phys. Rev. B. 92, 155436 (2015)
- Dynamics of excitons bound to isoelectronic centers in GaAs,
St-Jean, G. Éthier-Majcher, S. Francoeur. Phys. Rev. B. 91, 115201 (2015) (Editor’s suggestion)
- Complete quantum control of exciton qubits bound to isoelectronic centres,
Éthier-Majcher, P. St-Jean, G. Boso, A. Tosi, J.F. Klem, S. Francoeur. Nat. Comm. 5, 3980 (2014)
- Recombination dynamics of excitons bound to nitrogen isoelectronic centers in δ-doped GaP,
St-Jean, G. Éthier-Majcher, Y. Sakuma, S. Francoeur. Phys. Rev. B. 86, 075308 (2014)
- Photoluminescence from single nitrogen isoelectronic centers in gallium phosphide produced by ion implantation,
Éthier-Majcher, P. St-Jean, A. Bergeron, A.L. Phaneuf-L’Heureux, S. Roorda, S. Francoeur. J. Appl. Phys. 114, 034307 (2013)
- Band gap of sphalerite and chalcopyrite phases of epitaxial ZnSnP2,
P. St-Jean, G.A. Seryogin, S. Francoeur. Appl. Phys. Lett. 96, 231913 (2010)
- Charged excitons and biexcitons bound to isoelectronic centers,
Marcet, C. Ouellet-Plamondon, G. Éthier-Majcher, P. St-Jean, R. André, J.F. Klem, and S. Francoeur. Phys. Rev. B. 82, 235311 (2010)